TSI 2012 Overview@IF>
The National Institute for Excellence in Teaching held the 2012 National TAP Summer Institute (TSI) in Phoenix, Arizona, on Monday, June 25 - Wednesday, June 27, 2012.
TSI offered in-depth training to TAP leadership teams nationwide—principals and master and mentor teachers—on how to systematically strengthen their skills and the effectiveness of their TAP implementation. Participants delved into and refined key TAP practices including:
- Creating individual growth plans
- Leading primary and high school clusters;
- Maximizing the role of the mentor teacher;
- Understanding the Thinking and Problem Solving indicators;
- Utilizing technology during field testing;
- Scripting with the new tapObserver app for the iPad;
- Providing rigorous weekly professional development; and
- Effectively observing and coaching teachers' instruction in the classroom.
Updates from the event can be found on TAP's Twitter account at @tapsystem or by searching under the hashtag #tsi12. Photos will be posted here soon.
Mike Huckabee, Former Governor of Arkansas
"True reform has to be about what happens in the classroom and the kind of opportunities we provide for our students. TAP equips our teachers with the resources to be successful by training them better and providing the salary incentives for them to achieve . . ."