What's on TAP
    
March 14, 2012
Save the Date! 2012 National TAP Summer Institute
TSI will offer in-depth training to TAP leadership teams nationwide — principals and master and mentor teachers — on how to systematically strengthen their skills and the effectiveness of their TAP implementation. Participants will delve into and refine key TAP practices including:
- Creating individual growth plans;
- Leading primary and high school clusters;
- Maximizing the role of the mentor teacher;
- Understanding the Thinking and Problem Solving indicators;
- Utilizing technology during field testing;
- Scripting with the new tapObserver app for the iPad;
- Providing rigorous weekly professional development; and
- Effectively observing and coaching teachers’ instruction in the classroom.
Paul Vallas, Superintendent, Recovery School District, Louisiana
"I'm a huge fan of TAP. The TAP model is a model that works. The greatest strength of the TAP model is the creation of local school leadership teams: the acknowledgment and recognition that principals alone cannot do it..."