What's on TAP
     
March 14, 2012
Save the Date! 2012 National TAP Summer Institute
TSI will offer in-depth training to TAP leadership teams nationwide — principals and master and mentor teachers — on how to systematically strengthen their skills and the effectiveness of their TAP implementation. Participants will delve into and refine key TAP practices including:
- Creating individual growth plans;
- Leading primary and high school clusters;
- Maximizing the role of the mentor teacher;
- Understanding the Thinking and Problem Solving indicators;
- Utilizing technology during field testing;
- Scripting with the new tapObserver app for the iPad;
- Providing rigorous weekly professional development; and
- Effectively observing and coaching teachers’ instruction in the classroom.
Arne Duncan, U.S. Secretary of Education; Former Chicago Public Schools CEO, Chicago, Illinois
"High-quality teachers are critical to accelerating student achievement . . . TAP provides teachers and principals with the resources to grow individually and collectively as a school, ultimately benefiting our students."