What's on TAP
    
March 14, 2012
Save the Date! 2012 National TAP Summer Institute
TSI will offer in-depth training to TAP leadership teams nationwide — principals and master and mentor teachers — on how to systematically strengthen their skills and the effectiveness of their TAP implementation. Participants will delve into and refine key TAP practices including:
- Creating individual growth plans;
- Leading primary and high school clusters;
- Maximizing the role of the mentor teacher;
- Understanding the Thinking and Problem Solving indicators;
- Utilizing technology during field testing;
- Scripting with the new tapObserver app for the iPad;
- Providing rigorous weekly professional development; and
- Effectively observing and coaching teachers’ instruction in the classroom.
Karen Bucher, Principal, Hazel Park-Hilda Knoff Elementary School, River Ridge, Louisiana
". . . Many teachers had no idea how they were performing in specific areas. With TAP, teachers are working together to improve their classroom instruction and they are getting timely feedback on their performance—a valuable component of teacher accountability. This is making a huge difference in the classroom!"