What's on TAP
     
March 14, 2012
Save the Date! 2012 National TAP Summer Institute
TSI will offer in-depth training to TAP leadership teams nationwide — principals and master and mentor teachers — on how to systematically strengthen their skills and the effectiveness of their TAP implementation. Participants will delve into and refine key TAP practices including:
- Creating individual growth plans;
- Leading primary and high school clusters;
- Maximizing the role of the mentor teacher;
- Understanding the Thinking and Problem Solving indicators;
- Utilizing technology during field testing;
- Scripting with the new tapObserver app for the iPad;
- Providing rigorous weekly professional development; and
- Effectively observing and coaching teachers’ instruction in the classroom.
Kathleen Karnes, Career Teacher, Holston Middle School, Knoxville, Tennessee
"Receiving useful evaluations from the master teachers allows me to concentrate on my strengths, and to bring up my weaknesses, which benefits me and my students . . . "