What's on TAP
     
March 14, 2012
Save the Date! 2012 National TAP Summer Institute
TSI will offer in-depth training to TAP leadership teams nationwide — principals and master and mentor teachers — on how to systematically strengthen their skills and the effectiveness of their TAP implementation. Participants will delve into and refine key TAP practices including:
- Creating individual growth plans;
- Leading primary and high school clusters;
- Maximizing the role of the mentor teacher;
- Understanding the Thinking and Problem Solving indicators;
- Utilizing technology during field testing;
- Scripting with the new tapObserver app for the iPad;
- Providing rigorous weekly professional development; and
- Effectively observing and coaching teachers’ instruction in the classroom.
Amy Jarratt, Master Teacher, Forest Meadow Junior High School, Dallas, Texas
". . . I wanted to be more involved in the classrooms with the teachers. Being a master teacher gave me the time to do the work so that I didn't have to be in my classroom all the time. I could go and help other teachers . . . and work with them on implementing strategies in their classrooms."